FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
195 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

My X11 switches to "SIM card slot in use: SIM 2", but I do not have a second SIM card installed. Because of this I loose my connection. I have rebooted the modem, and rebooted the device, but this does not solve it.

My settings;

- SIM 1 is the default SIM

- I haven't changed any settings for SIM 2

- SIM switch is off for both SIM cards

- interface mob1s1a1 is enabled

- interface mob1s2a1 is DISABLED

In the end I have to factory reset the device to make it work again.

I've had this behaviour a couple of times now. Each time it seems to occur shortly after I did a firmware upgrade. I am now using the latest firmware (RUTX_R_00.07.02.2).

Is there something I can do to prevent this?

Thank you! Jeroen

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Does the issue reoccur after the factory reset?

Could you try to uncheck Keep settings button the next time you perform the firmware update?

If the issue is still present after update with Keep settings set to off, please replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
Hi Žygimantas,

Thank you for your answer.

No, I do not think the issue reoccurs after a factory reset.

Yes, I can upgrade without keeping the settings. But it is a real pain because then I need to change many settings manually. Isn't there a better way to prevent the router switching to SIM 2?

Regards, Jeroen
by anonymous

Hello,

The issue you have described appeared 7.02, but was solved with the further 7.02.1 release. The suggestion is to simply avoid that firmware version. Other than that, firmware update and default settings restore are only options. 

If you replicated this issue on versions after 7.02, even after factory resetting the router, a troubleshoot file would be really helpful for us.

To generate a troubleshoot file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download it from there. 

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi Žygimantas,

My X11 just switched to SIM 2 again, even though no second SIM is installed. I am using firmware RUTX_R_00.07.02.2. I've sent you the troubleshoot file as a private message.

Thank you for your help,
Jeroen