FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+2 votes
758 views 9 comments
by anonymous
I set up the RUTX11 with mostly default settings and turned on MOB1S1A1 and LAN networks. The router has internet connectivity as I could check for, download, and install the latest firmware, as well as ping an external IP address. But all devices connected to the router via WIFI and LAN show No Internet Access.
by anonymous
I found a way to fix this but it looks a bit weird in the Network Interfaces tab. I set up the WAN interface as Mobile with the SIM provider's APN and the LAN connections now have internet access. I switched the Wireless Network settings to lan and now all their connected devices have internet access. Yay, solved.

However, the MOB1S1A1 Network Interface is stopped and disabled, so it looks to me that I won't be able to use both WIFI and Mobile network connections. Can someone please advise?
by anonymous
I came here to report the same issue.

Ive tested this on three different RUTX11's and all of them do the same thing.

I progressively tested each firmware from 7.0.0 -> 7.0.2.2 and found that the issue started to happen on FW 7.0.1.4

The most recent working firmware for me was 7.0.1.2
by anonymous
OK, I've figured this out - it was the Surfshark VPN on my two laptops that I've been testing on that was messing things up. As soon as I disconnected the Surfshark VPN that computer would use the wired or wireless connection to connect to the Internet, not just the local network. Finally.

Once I got that done, I reset to factory defaults as I wanted to clean up the hacks I had used before. This doesn't, by the way, revert updated firmware to the earlier version, so the RUTX11 still has RUTX_R_00.07.02.2 installed. Then I set up the MOB1S1A1 interface with SIM1 and the custom APN for my provider and left the other interfaces to their defaults. Only MOB1 and LAN are running.

Next I configured the two Wireless frequencies, making sure that the Network is lan.

This plain vanilla configuration is working just fine now, so whatever issues were plaguing the firmware must have been fixed in 7.02.2. Maybe, or I'm just lucky.
by anonymous

In case of a similar issue, when the router has access to the internet, but devices in LAN do not, you can try to access the router via CLI/SSH and enter the following command:

• ip -4 rule delete $(ip -4 rule show| grep 2062 | cut -d":" -f 2)

It is a temporary workaround for a similar known issue, which should be fixed in the future firmware update.

by anonymous
Similar issue with my RUTX11:

Had working internet by wifi with version R_00.07.01.04.

Updated O.T.A with "keep settings" to R_00.07.02.4 and that worked.

Recently updated to R_00.07.02.5 O.T.A with "keep settings" and internet on wifi fails. Works internally in the X11 though.

Resetted the unit and installed the latest FW availible and it works by default. As soon as the config is restored it stops working by wifi.

If I restore FW back to R_00.07.01.4 and apply my config it works again. No higher FW than that works with my config.

I have not tried the CLI command yet, need to be at location to do that.

Any ideas?
by anonymous
Can you confirm that you have a stable internet connection?

Does the issue with WiFi occur on 2.4GHz interface or 5GHz?

Could you elaborate on "soon as the config is restored"? Do you enter configuration manually or upload a backup? What configuration changes do you apply?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It is a weird issue. The signal parameters are rather good, yet the logs indicate frequent mobile disconnects, which apparently, follow wireless configuration changes. 

It shows that wireless interfaces go down after some configuration changes every few minutes, 5 or 6 times within 15 minutes. Can you confirm that you have changed the configuration?

Also, in your provided file, the associated networks with wireless configuration are mob1s1a1, though it should set as lan. 

If you have upgraded the router with Keep settings option enabled, I would suggest to try to restore the device to factory default settings.

However, if the issue keeps recurring, please downgrade to previous version, to check whether it is a firmware issue or, possibly, failing hardware.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
I made a few changes to my internal WiFi networks this morning, so I'll let everything run as is for 24 hours, then provide another troubleshooting file to see whether the disconnects keep happening. If so, I can reset to factory default settings, but will that roll back the firmware update that I did?
0 votes
by anonymous
Yes, the internet connection is stable and provide good speed according to the internal speedtest in X11, and when on the older firmware, it also provide good internet by wifi.

Both wifi is affected, none of them provide internet access but both works fine to access the X11 for config etc. The unit is also always accesible from the internet. (Not sure if this problem also effects internet on the ethernet ports, I have nothing connected to them.)

Normally I let the "keep settings" do the job when upgrading FW but I always save a backup just in case since there is multiple IPSEC and DDNS etc configured.

Now when I laborate with different FW versions I upload a config file but I have also tried to go from FW 07.01.04 to the latest FW by the "keep settings" feature. Same bad result though.

I have tried to use three of my previous backups for restore but none works after the version 07.01.04.  By "works" I mean wifi does not allow internet to pass through.
(If I ping 8.8.8.8 from a device connected by wifi I get no response. If I ping the internal interface of the X11 I get answer.)

It is acting like there is a firewall rule or something that blocks access from Lan to Wan (Mobsta1), but there is none!
IPSEC tunnels, DDNS and all other settings work fine after the restore on any FW, just no internet availible on the wifi network above FW 07.01.04!
by anonymous

If I understand correctly, when you update to the latest with "Keep settings" disabled, or reset the device to factory defaults, there is no issue with the WiFi?

Going from 07.01.04 to the latest is quite a jump in terms of numerous updates and changes between firmware versions, and it is not recommended to go with "Keep settings" more than three firmware iterations in between, in general. The same applies for major revisions, such as switch from 7.1 to 7.2.

Otherwise, if the backup is uploaded from older versions, some settings might also prevent the device from connecting. 

As a workaround, could you check if copying configuration files from backup /etc/config/ directory to the freshly reset router with the latest firmware to /etc/config directory, to preserve your configuration, also results in WiFi issues? File transfer can be done using WinSCP

by anonymous
You are correct, with a "clean" X11 it works as it should but then I would have to start from the begining with the rather exessive configuration needed...

My initial problem started when I upgraded with "keep settings" from version 7.02.4 to 07.02.5 so that jump was minor.
I had to revert back to version 7.01.4 to make it work again. No higher version would work with any of my saved configs.

I will try the manual config transfer the next time I have access to the unit.