FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
518 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi all,

we have several RUT240 routers. One at a location with a very weak mobile signal. The router stucks after several days/weeks with all LEDs lit constantly, i.e. both the mobile network LEDs and the mobile signal strength indication. Logging into the router impossible, nothing works, it does not respond to PINGs from the LAN interface. My only solution was to reboot the router by powering off. After that I have introduced a periodically reboot (every sunday 00:30 a.m.). This worked fine some weeks, but problem occured as well.
Because I have no access to the router, I cannot provide a troubleshoot file from the situation. Or would be a log/troubleshoot file from afterwards helpful?

With other RUT240 a hanging situation occurs as well (no data transmit and probably not all LEDs lit), but the periodically reboot helps. I have rather no idea where the hanging situations might result from.

Used hardware: TELTONIKA RUT240 with FW RUT2XX_R_00.01.13.3

Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

KurtP

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Kurt,

This situation could be because of the firmware that you are using: FW RUT2XX_R_00.01.13.3

This firmware was released in 2021.01.26. After that, we have a couple of more firmware with many fixes and improvements.

I suggest you upgrade to the latest firmware: Follow WebUI > System >Firmware.

You can download the latest firmware from the link below:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Firmware_Downloads_(legacy_WebUI)

Regards,

Shivang 

by anonymous
Hi Shivang,

thanks a lot for your quick response. I'll do what you suggested.

Please consider that I came from FW R_00.00.348 to FW R_00.01.12.3 and now to FW R_00.01.13.3 without solving the problem finally. Maybe it occured more seldom.
It will take some days until FW upgrade and watching the behaviour. I'll report as soon as I have more insight.
by anonymous
Hi all,

I'm very sorry for the long time delay for my answer.
a.) FW upgrade
As suggested I upgraded to FW RUT2_R_00.07.02.4. Tried this one in a different location nearby my home. After some difficulties it works.

b.) Upgraded to RUT2_R_00.07.02.4 on the router of the site with the difficulties and intruduced the configuration of the router from site a.). It includes a biweekly automatic reboot on Wednesday and Sunday each at 00:30 am, because the PV-monitoring device reboots daily at 03:00 am. The automatic reboot is to prevent a stucking situation.
The router tries to connect to different network types, i.e. 2G (GSM), 2G (EDGE) [-69dBm ... -71dBm], 4G (FDD LTE) and remains connected either to 2G or even 4G.

This worked fine for about 3 days until the first automatic reboot occured (Sunday morning). After that no data transfer has been established, i.e. no data comes from the PV-monitoring device to the monitoring portal.
The router runs since 30 days in this state. Obviously no stuck situation occurs because the router responds to SMS-status commands and even a SMS-reboot until now.
The SMS-status shows:
2022/11/06 Data connection state - disconnected; Connection type - FDD LTE; Signal Strength - -77;
2022/11/07 Data connection state - Disconnected; Connection type - EDGE; Signal Strength  - -69;
2022/12/05 Data connection state - Disconnected; Connection type - FDD LTE; Signal Strenght - -75;

I'm shure that the PV-monitoring device tries to transfer data every 30 min. But I have no idea why the router doesn't leave the disconnected state.
One of my ideas is that it takes some time for the router to establish a connection and this time might be to long for the PV-monitoring device and it times out.

I appreciate any ideas or any help.

Regards,
Kurt