FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
248 views 4 comments
by anonymous
I am having trouble to port forward a certain port to a host that is not on local network. Is there any way to get this fixed?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello Hinzkunz,

Can you please provide more details on what you are trying to implement with which device?

If possible a topology will be really helpful.

Regards,

Shivang
by anonymous

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have an OpenVPN Server running in e.g. VLAN B wich is not a local Subnet of RUT240. A static route leads to all Subnets toward Unifi USG 

by anonymous

Hello Hinzkunz,

1. Are you able to access the OpenVPN server from the internet through the VDSL modem? If yes, what config allows us to forward the traffic?

2. Can you check if the USG pro is not blocking the traffic? Also, port forwarding a Lan device needs to have a gateway configured in the Lan device.

Regards,

Shivang 

by anonymous

Hello Shivang,

my concern is, that I can only choose a local connected host to be a target of port-forwarding rule. I would need to have a custom entry to reach a host that is not local but reachable via routing, in my case via Unifi USG.

I solved my problem as I configured the physical wan interface directly into DMZ where my OpenVPN server is connected in, but i would rather like to get it via routing as my firewall is now short-cutted within my workaround.

Regards

by anonymous
Hello  HinzKunz,

Which device did you configure as DMZ? Seems like the device firewall is blocking the traffic for OpenVPN.

Check the firewall rules and try to configure them to allow the traffic for OpenVPN.

Also, can you answer the above question to get more information about the issue?

Regards,

Shivang