FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
639 views 5 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I have a RUTX12 router with external WAN internet and both SIM's data plans setup so in total 3 WAN connections.

I am running the latest firm RUTX_R_00.07.02.2 and 24 hours ago performed a factory reset and started from scratch, the problem was present before and after the factory reset.

External WAN is setup as primary connection with SIM 2 to follow then finally SIM 1.

When I unplug the WAN connection, failover does not detect a drop in connection and remains as the external WAN as my connection meaning my internet drops out and nothing loads.

I have also tried applying individual failover plans per device and these do not apply. I have however noticed they do work once the router has been restarted. The same happens when changing interface priority, even though apply is being clicked, nothing seems to happen until reboot.

My main reason for using this router is for the dual SIM failover so this is a major problem for me.

Regards,

Steve.

by anonymous
You can try the following: Add a second ping address for the fail over connection check. There was something broken on my RUTX12, but that might have to do with firmware upgrades; see some of my other post.

8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4, 1.1.1.1 all can be used.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
Hi,

I've now attached the file as requested.

Thank you.
by anonymous
Is there an update on this issue?

I have also noticed when failover is enabled, Wireguard VPN client fails to route correctly.

Rebooting the router also appears to take much longer than normal at the moment as if there is a boot up issue.
by anonymous
My speed test on the WAN interface through the RUTX12 can also be 100Mbps+ slower than connecting to the WAN's router directly.
by anonymous
I have now noticed the GPS tracker is no longer checking into my Traccar server either.

There has also been a recent firmware update which addresses none of the above issues.

Please let me know who to make a complaint to regarding this matter. For a router which has cost me hundreds of pounds, this is now scrap and useless to me. Your support of the product is also very poor.