FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
388 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi everyone,

I've simply set up my RUTX12 with two sims from different carriers and both are connected but it looks like all the trafic is going through SIM1.

It seems that for some reason people are getting disconnected for 5/10 seconds and I don't understand how that can happen with two SIMs connected.

I'll attach the troubleshoot file.

Thanks for your help !

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

By default, all the traffic on RUTX12 goes through the primary sim. In order to split traffic on the RUTX12, you will need to configure Load balancing on the device. From troubleshoot file, load balancing was not enabled on the device.

Also, you cannot configure load balancing and failover at the same time, but the device should route all your data to the sim which is online, in case another sim goes offline. So it does the failover for you without configuration.

For more details on the failover and load balancing follow the link:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX12_Failover

Regards,

Shivang
by anonymous
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to help me. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. What I really want is for my client never to be disconected. For some reason the second sim did not pick up or not fast enough. Could load balancing solve my issue in a sense that it's always connected and every connexion would just instantly switch to SIM 2 whenever it can't connect through SIM 1 ?

Thanks again !
by anonymous
Is it possible to totally switch off failover and load balancing? We want to have lan-port 1 use exclusively sim1 and lan-port 2 use exclusively sim2, both with their own ip pool. This seems to work using a vlan and 2 lookup tables as shown in one of the examples in the wiki. But when I remove one of the simcards both computers stay connected to the internet where the one that is supposed to use exclusively that removed simcard should be disconnected now.
In the failover menu both failover and loadbalancing are switched off for all ports.

I will make a new topic for yhis one as well. I don't know how to remove this comment.