FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+2 votes
477 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Is there anyway that the firmware updates can be done automatically?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Unfortunately, your desired feature is not available.

Best regards,
0 votes
by anonymous
Can be done, using custom scripts. I.e. to periodically check for new firmware, and to do a firmware upgrade OTA.
by anonymous
@augustus_meyer I would be delighted to see some examples of this!
by anonymous
Can u share your solution with us? Without ists useless.
by anonymous
I wrote already, I am doing this on a commercial basis. So, it is a bit far fetched, to ask for a free-of-charge software enhancement for a device, you payed for. However, I gave some initial directions already, for an interested developer to do it himself, in case of commercial needs or just as an "intellectual challenge".
by anonymous
Well, one of the benefits of a peer-to-peer forum is to be able to learn from each other. I posted this earlier on another thread:

https://github.com/luckman212/rut-fw

If you're feeling charitable @augustus_meyer I'd love to know what your solution looks like. Maybe we can both pick up a trick or 2 from each other.
by anonymous
I am "cheritable", but only to a certain limit.

i.e. here https://community.teltonika-networks.com/59380/is-it-possible-to-trigger-script-on-failover

Customised firmware _MUST_ be better than the default stuff. Thus, it needs special knowledge and experience, to do it. However, to share it quite often is a two-sided sword. Because of freelance competitors, OR because of commercial users, not willing to spend some bucks at all.

As a real world example, I did lot of custom firmware for commercial hotspots, incl. Captive Portals, managed by "coova(-chilli)". Which is almost black magic to be configured correctly on LINUX, not to speak about openwrt. The projects I got were all from well known free lancer sites. Howver, a few times my bid was rejected, because too high. But several days later, I noticed very detailed questions regarding integration of coova into openwrt, and other project specific functionalities, on another forum.

Regarding our actual topic here in question, I do not consider it fair play, buying an off-the-shelf device for small money, and then asking for additional, special feature to be provided free-of-charge.

As a Teltonika customer, you either are an individual, asking for a reasonable priced device, you can live with, as provided, because for private use. I.e. for your mobile home.

Or you are a commercial client, needing a special feature, like the one we are talking about, for remote installs of a fleet of routers, i.e. in the area of IoT. But then you should be willing to pay a price for it.