FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
753 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I have a RUTX11 with modem firmware version EG06ELAR04A03M4G. From modem_updater -D -g:

root@lgrrutx:~# modem_updater -D -g
[INFO] internet connection is working
[INFO] Available versions:
EG06ELAR04A04M4G
EG06ELAR04A06M4G
EG06ELAR04A07M4G
EG06ELAR04A08M4G

Is there something to gain in terms of carrier aggregation with an upgrade?

Regards,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Checking the firmware release notes from Quectel for each firmware, there are no mentions of fixes/improvements related to carrier aggregation. Unless, something went unnoted, there is probably not much to gain with the update.

Best regards,
Best answer
by anonymous
Ok thank you for checking.

Regards,
by anonymous

According to @walter66 here upgrading to version EG06LAR0408M4G seems to bring benefits, at least for the RUT360.

Unfortunately modem_updater -D -g fails most of the time apparently because the modemfota.teltonika-networks.com sftp server works strangely for example ls -al may take up to two minutes to reply and sshfs / fuse has a one minute timeout.

At the end I was able to download all the EG06LAR0408M4G related files it should be possible to upgrade using a local path (-p option) but I have no idea about the required arborescence. Is there any documentation about this ?