FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
337 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello, (the first itteration of the question apeared a little stumbled)

I do have an internet connection with a router which does not allow NAT loopback.
internet ==>> (public IP) router (192.168.1.1/24)

In this network I do have a stacked RUT240 (FW: RUT2_R_00.07.02.04) for local network separation.
... ==>> router 192.168.1.1/24 ==>> RUT240 (192.168.2.1/24) ==>> Server (192.168.2.99)

On this local network there is a server and set up working dyndns to access this server from the outside. (working properly)
Inside the local network I can access the server via its local IP or the WAN IP of the RUT240 but I can not use the public IP or dyndns domain name as the internet router does not allow NAT loopback.

Of course I could add an entry on clients  /etc/hosts  but is there a way to add an DNS entry for RUT240   example.com -> 192.168.2.99 (server IP)?
So not to have to edit the host files of the mobile devices any time they switch networks?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

From a SSH or CLI console add a line in /etc/hosts and reload the configuration:

echo "192.168.2.99 example.com" >> /etc/hosts
killall -HUP dnsmasq

Regards,

by anonymous

thank you very much, it works. yes
Had added the lines in /et/hosts before,
but was missing the killall -HUP dnsmasq.

I had a workaround with a dedicated dns server in the network, but this is much more reliable.

yes

by anonymous
Glad for you. Strange that you can't disable "Filter Wan NAT redirection" or some similar formulation on your main router.