FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
717 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

i´ve already the second RUTX12, where the following problem occurs: Suddenly the mobile data connection gets disconneced. This could be normal, because mobile network coverage is not so good where the car is parking. But in most cases the router reconnects to the mobile network after some minutes or, at the latest, when the car is driving outside the garage, where signal strength is good. In some cases the router doesn´t find any new connection even he is standing near of the mobile base station (full signal strength). Only a reboot/restart of the router helps. This issue is very critical for us, because we use the router also for emergency cases.

Attached you find the mobile log, where you can see that connection got lost at 2022-07-21 01:35 and got reconnected at 2022-07-25 13:10 (manual reboot by us).

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Thank you!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

You can configure automatic modem reboot, without rebooting the whole device, in case of disconnection by using functionality in Services -> Auto reboot -> Ping/Wget reboot. You can read more about it here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX12_Auto_Reboot#Ping.2FWget_Reboot.

Since you have RUTX12, the device has two modems capable of working simultaneously, thus using another SIM card would allow to have a backup connectivity option.

Also, which firmware version have you installed in your router? Have you tried to update?

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi,

thanks for this hint with auto reboot.

I think auto reboot and the other SIM card slot can be helpful workarounds/fallbacks. But what´s the core reason for this issue? Does the modem say like "I tried it so many times to reconnect, but it always fails, so i will give up"?

Firmware is RUTX_R_00.07.02, which I think is quite current?

Christoph
by anonymous
Hi,

we activated auto modem reboot with check all 15 minutes. Nevertheless we are very interested, why this network disconnection happens at all? Can anyone help? We also have a troubleshoot file - can we post it or does it contain private data?

Thanks a lot!
by anonymous
Hi,

although auto modem reboot worked, the whole router hung up again after some days. What I saw first was only bad mobile connection (3G, one signal strength bar) despite good LTE conditions. Then I wanted to open the router administration. The first view was 1.jpg (overview without operation values). After i wanted to open the mobile details i saw 2.jpg. After hard restart of the router everything was fine again (until when...?).

Unfortunately these are no good conditions for any reliable usage.
by anonymous

Here the Attachments

by anonymous
Hello,

Were you able to find the mobile pages available in WebUI? In the Status -> Mobile page, if it loads, when it does, what is shown there?