FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
523 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hallo. My RUT240 worked perfectly fine with data connection under firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.5. Yesterday, I did a remote FW upgrade to the newest firmware (via RMS / WEBUI). After the upgrade, everything worked fine for about four hours and then the connection was suddenly lost. The router still reacts to SMS rules (for example I can reboot it via SMS). The router is 1000 km away from me, so I cannot check things locally.

Router SMS status report before FW upgrade: Router name - RUT240; WAN IP - 192.168.98.2; Data Connection state - connected; Connection type - LTE; Signal Strength - -59 dBm; New FW available - Yes;  

Router SMS status report after FW upgrade (and after it stopped working): Router name - RUT240; WAN IP - 192.168.98.2; Data Connection state - Disconnected; Connection type - FDD LTE; Signal Strength - -55; New FW available - No;  

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you send the following SMS commands to your router and post their output:

• <your_authentication> uci show network
  • <your_authentication> uci show simcard

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thank you. What is <your_authentication>? I've set the router such that it accepts only SMS commands from my mobile number so I tried to send just "uci show network" but the router does not react.
by anonymous

By default, it is router's admin password, it can be configured as device's serial number or, as in your case you can be authenticated by simply sending a message from specific number. 

Do you remember if you had uci rule enabled?

As of right now, things, which can be tested, are to send mobileon command or try switching between auto and manual APN setting with cellular command. Its usage is described here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT950_Mobile_Utilities#Change_mobile_settings_.28cellular.29_rule.

Best regards, 

by anonymous
Thank you. As it is not reacting to uci commands, I guess I've not turned it on. But strangely, it does neither react to "reboot" anymore. I contacted the network provider and they've resetted the SIM card. This is maybe why it has lost its connection completely. I will check the next time I will be there.
by anonymous

Short update from my side: I was physically at the router three weeks ago and tried to make it connect again with the newest firmware. I've spent hours - but without any success (manual API setting, rebooting, taking out the SIM card and checking the functioning on my smartphone, etc.). Then, I've downgraded to the legacy firmware (RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.5) and everything worked perfectly fine again. So. the newest firmware seems to me buggy (at least for the RUT240 and for my network provider).