FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
520 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I struggled on writing a static route through openvpn tunnel but I could not do it. The tunnel was established but on the server device route to client lan did not appear. However client device has the correct routes. How can I write a static route to a LAN through openvpn tunnel on the openvpn server device? I have screenshots.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Can you tell us what device and firmware version you are using? We do recommend updating to the latest firmware version.

I assume the OpenVPN server is not a teltonika device. Can you ping your teltonika device using the OpenVPN IP?  Also please, share a topology diagram to understand what networks need to be connected.

You can check this OpenVPN configuration examples to connect a client LAN from the server. Keep an eye on the Common Name (the name shouldn’t repeat with other clients) and TLS clients. Although the server on this example is teltonika, the configuration should be similar on your server.

OpenVPN configuration examples RUT R 00.07 - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Finally, remember to restart the OpenVPN service or reboot the device after making any change on the configuration.

Kind regards.

by anonymous
Thanks for the answer. My openvpn server is also a trb140 device. I got it, it makes its routing process between clients based on certificate common names. So I need different certificates for each client.