FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
183 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I have a TRB140 LTE LAN Gateway which is configured as Modbus Master and polls Register values every 10 seconds and forwards them to a MQTT-Broker via the Mobile network. Everything is working absolutely great, except one issue when the Modbus Server was down, the Gateway doesn't automatically reconnect. I solve this by manually restarting the Gateway.

Is there a way to make sure the Gateway reconnects automatically to the Modbus TCP Server?

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Would you provide more information, please share the details about:
1. What MQTT broker are you using?
2. How is Modbus-TCP master connected to MQTT-broker, via Data to the server or MQTT-gateway feature?
3. Would you please share troubleshoot file from your router and topology diagram with me via Private message?
4. Are referring to MQTT-broker as Modbus-server here?

Please provide more details to me via PM.

Regards,
Ramandeep
by anonymous
Thank you very much for comming back to me!

Here are some more details.

1. I connect to a thingsboard CE instance. I think they are using a Mosquito Broker. Actually I pretty much followed exactly this instructions. Only the registers and polling frequency is different. And the Modbus Client Section is disabled:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Monitoring_with_ThingsBoard_IoT_Platform

2. The Modbus-TCP Master is connected via the Wired Ethernet Interface

3. Which Files can I send you to troubleshoot. I attach a Network Infrastructure Diagram.

4. The MQTT Gateway function is not used.

I hope the attached Diagram with comments is helpful. I do have a VPN connection to the Gateway. So if I realise the the connection breaks up I reboot it, and then it is working fine.

Thanks a lot for your time

Stefan
by anonymous
Please replicate the issue and send me the troubleshoot file via PM.