FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
380 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Has AUTO-APN for various providers now been fixed on RUT2_R_00.07.02.4 ?

My RUT240 had rather older firmware 0.1.14.1.  Do new ones come with 00.07.02.4 ?

Thanks

Thomas

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you describe the issue specific you had?

Some updates regarding APN were made since 1.14.1, as well as various other updates and fixes, new features, security improvements were included too. Due to these reasons, it is always recommended to keep your firmware up to date.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I had an issue with Auto APN for KPN 4g provider. Sim card working in roaming. APN database contained KPN 4G and an initial connection was made, however router did not connect after a reboot and manual reconnection had to be made. It's all working when Auto APN is disabled and APN URL manually entered but in my case it is very important that AUTO feature works with this provider.

Separate question, does current stock of RUT240 comes with a new UI?

Thanks
by anonymous
Currently, new RUT240 devices are shipped with RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.5 version.
by anonymous
Does 1.14.5 have fixed APN issue described?
by anonymous

Teltonika devices update their APN database from the publicly available one here. If APN used by your provider is included here, the router should be able to set it automatically. 

However, keep in mind that sometimes, manual APN setting is a requirement from the service provider.