FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
164 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi

I bought a new RUT955 a few weeks ago, upgraded FW to 7.02.1, had a serial to IP server going extracting some data from a PLC thru Zerotier VPN. Life was good. Then two weeks later, my web application stopped updating, upon investigation i found that the RS232 and RS485 menus disappeared from  the services tab (and yes i was in advanced mode). I was properly confused. Not only that, in the UI under status - system - device, information was missing. see pics

Tried rebooting, nada. Tried FW upgrade to 7.02.3, verification error. Oh, and this thing is sitting 700km away from me. So i dont have physical access to it. Any suggestions? Factory fault? There are another 12 of them which i have commissioned in exactly the same manner and they are just doing just fine, for now. Help!

Tauriq

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

One of the internal device files got corrupted, resulting in current behavior.

To restore it, the device has to be accessed via SSH, a set of commands needs to be executed, then the device has to be restarted to restore the missing details and devices.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Thank you thank you this sounds promising. Who are these commands? Where are these files? Im keen to try it.

Tauriq
by anonymous
Could you provide a serial number of your device?