FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
126 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I've just purchased a RUT 240. It arrived today from the capital city and as accustom, I've opened it. At first, I noticed that the device seemed used, due to some marks and lines. The main issue is that the device doesn't allow me to login through the WebUI, of course using the credetianls detailed in the manual, doesn't recognized them. I don't know if there's anything that I can do to login, and set up the device.

By now, it doesn't even open the WebUI page, "192.168.1.1". Honestly I think it's a used device and I think this is the problem, should I return it and ask for a new one? I want the device to last and not suffer any bad inconveniences. I am asking this because the company's answer it's terrible, actually the device came with a power adaptor that I'm quite sure it's not Teltonika's brand. In case of returning I live really far from the capital city, that's why I'm asking for options.

Box didn't come sealed.

It's an official store here. and product supposedly brand new.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If you have any suspicion that the device is not new, you should return it, especially considering that it does not function properly out of the box.

However, if you want to test/try it out, here are a couple if ways to try to restore access to the device:

• Press and hold Reset button at the back of the device for 12 - 20 seconds. This will reset the router to factory settings and you should be able to access it now using credentials provided on the packaging. 
  • Another way is a bit more complex. You will need to download this firmware file and the follow procedure described here.

If these do not help, return the device.

Best regards,