FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
709 views 0 comments
by
I'm trying to get the RUT240 to connect to a router on my network. So far, it refuses to bind to any MAC address except personal computers. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

How do you configure RUT240 to bridge to an existing router without NAT? I can observe that the router link is requesting DHCP for the RUT240 just like a personal computer Ethernet would, but it just gets ignored. System log shows no DHCP network traffic at all. I've checked the MAC addresses and they check out. This seems really over-complicated for what should be simple WAN binding.

I also tried Passthrough and that seems to stop working after a short time. I can't say I'm hugely impressed with the RUT 240 so far - this sort of bridging should be basic and easy to configure. What I actually want is to have the WAN link bridged to the router with no NAT (router is already doing NAT), and have a secondary VLAN to the management static IP, but even the basics don't work.

What should I even be looking at to try and debug this? Happy to provide logs or info as needed. This is quite frustrating, especially since the secondary WAN-as-LAN functionality doesn't work in bridge mode, so I have to reconnect cables every time this needs any debugging changes. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Turned out to be a fried port on the Draytek router, unable to receive traffic. The port was working (it got tested only a month ago), and only after having the RUT 240 active on it for a period did the port die. Now I have two routers to replace. A shame, since the RUT 240 seems like a nice piece of kit, but I can't afford to have mysterious electrical faults.