FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
237 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hallo,

I cannot get mobile connection with static IP SIM on my RUT240.

APN is properly set and the network operator is correctly recognized, but the "Data Connection" on

the status page shows "Disconnected".

The SIM is connecting with other routers and other SIMs are working on my RUT240.

Some problems have been reported with static IP SIMs on your routers as the issue below, but it did not help.

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/1215/issue-with-mobile-connection-using-contract-sim-and-static

(It is not a data only SIM.)

Any ideas to solve the issue?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

It would be great if you could replicate the issue, then access the router's WebUI, go to SYSTEM > ADMINISTRATION > TROUBLESHOOT section, download troubleshoot file from there and send it to me.

Logs in this file will help to answer what causes this issue.

Thank you in advance.

by anonymous
Thank you for looking into the matter.

I added the troubleshooting file to the original question.
by anonymous

After looking at the information you provided and looking at the APN information from the carrier, there are 3 possible problems:

• The authentifiation mode for the APN is currently set ap chap and from what I found here it should be PAP.
  • The username might be incorrect.
  • The password might be incorrect. (the troubleshoot file hides these values so I cannot check).
Try to look at these issues and maybe there will be a working solution.
Every other parameter looks fine and I don't see any other possible issues currently.
by anonymous
Thank you for checking to logs.

It is then an authentication error?

I am quite sure that the username and the password are correct.

(The password is only 3 characters long.)

The Sim card supports chap and pap.

I tried both.