FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
204 views 2 comments
by anonymous
by anonymous

I got this working as per your instruction, LAN1 going out via modem1 and LAN2 going out via modem2. However, when I turned off MOB1S1A1 to simulate a failure of the modem, LAN1 routed to modem2 going out. How can I prevent this? Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

In my opinion the simplest way to implement this routing behavior is by using advanced routing via WebUI -> Network -> Routing -> Advanced static routes

Let's say you have two networks:

LAN: 192.168.1.0/24 (assign modem1)

LAN2: 192.168.2.0/24 (assign modem2)

In Advanced static routes configuration page create 2 routing tables e.g. tableID 10 - SimOne, tableID 20 - SimTwo as shown in picture below: 

Then for each of these routing tables create following routing rules.

SimOne: 

SimTwo: 

And for last create 2 routing rules for IPv4 for each routing table: 

SimOne: 

SimTwo: 

That should be enough to send vlan1 traffic through sim1 and vlan2 traffic through sim2.

Let me know if you'll have any further questions.

by anonymous
Hi Martynas,

I got this working as per your instruction, LAN1 going out via modem1 and LAN2 going out via modem2. However, when I turned off MOB1S1A1 to simulate a failure of the modem, LAN1 routed to modem2 going out. How can I prevent this? Thanks.