FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+2 votes
674 views 0 comments
by anonymous
The router is on a boat and is used to connect to WiFi in many different marina’s. What is the best way to handle this?

The “Multi AP” is a problem, for two reasons:

1. When selecting this function very often de router stops its own WiFi AP making the router completely unusable and I need to factory reset to be able to get in.

2. If it does work there is no way to scan for a nearby AP and SSID needs to be typed manually.

Maybe I’m using it wrong? What I do now is use the scan function and add a new network. But after traveling for a few weeks this creates a long list of interfaces. Why isn’t there just one WWAN to be used for this?

Note: The router is configured to run as AP to have WiFi on the boat and at the same time it is running as WiFi client to connect to the marina.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Dunno the details about Teltonikas stuff, but running "official" openwrt on a RUT955, it is not required to create a new interface for the wifi to the port, but simply to change the SSID/password on the existing interface (client). Implemented it myself in custom firmware. Although it is supported to run the same radio both as station and client, it first of all will reduce thruput. So, using a USB-dongle for the second WiFi is my standard practice.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Teltonika Crowd Support. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with our equipment.

1. In order to help you out effectively, I would like to kindly ask you to provide the troubleshoot file of the device. To get the troubleshoot file, please replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI and navigate to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

2. To add Multiple APs, you may follow the steps provided in the link below. This will assist in ensuring that you avoid having too many wireless interfaces but rather have one Multi AP interface that consist of many APs.

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT950_Wireless#Multi_AP

The AP's in the Multi AP list can either be entered manually or you may prepare a file with all the AP configurations and then upload the file. Please note, that you may have only one multip-AP interface, that is either for 2.4Ghz or for 5Ghz WiFI.

Kind Regards

Wesley