FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
295 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hello,
I have RUT955 with firmware version: RUT9_R_00.07.02.4. I connect to it using SIM card and mobile connection. Generally connection is stable but from time to time it just die (I can't ping the device and all signal LEDs are turned off). In that case is necessary to restart it. Software reboot doesn't work - when I connected it by LAN cable directly to the  PC and forced reboot it didn't helped. Only switching power on and off helps.  After the restart it is working for some time (once longer once shorter) and situation happens again. I attach troubleshot file generated after router restart when it previously lost connection.
Regards Konrad

by anonymous
I'm not using Auto-APN

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

From the troubleshoot file I can see that you have a very poor data connection, which sits at -117 at the time of the troubleshoot file creation, this means that the device barely maintains an internet connection, and if the is more network interference due to networks congestion then this value drops and you get disconnected. The decent signal level is around -100 and an ideal is around -60dB. I would recommend you try to put the router in a more favorable position to try and get more data signal. If you are running magnetic base atennas, as those have quite low gain, I would recommend upgrading to higher gain antennas.
by anonymous
Sometimes signal is ok sometimes is low but router for sure lose connection completely. Maybe logs come from the moment after rooter restart because as I said it is impossible to connect with it when connection crashes. Is it possible that troubleshot contains information generated only after the restart ?
by anonymous
As the logs are saved to RAM to preserve the lifespan of FLASH (Writing logs to flash constantly would kill it in under a year).

For a short while, you could change to lag saving to flash memory and then try to find out if there are any errors
0 votes
by anonymous
Running "official" openwrt on a fleet of RUT955s, I have seen similar effects, too. However, can be fixed using reset of the modem (EC25) and restart of connection. Doing this automatically, for remote installs of the RUTs, it needs some scripting on "official" openwrt, so Teltonika could do something similar, if not already available.