FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,498 views 5 comments
by

My Teltonika RUT950 which has an external aerial is now much slower than my iPhone SE both using the same network, Three, in the UK.  I get 30/8 on my phone but only about 8/0.5 on the router.  It used to be much faster than my phone.  Should I replace the router?  The firmware is RUT9XX_R_00.03.460

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

What firmware version are you using?
0 votes
by anonymous

Try upgrading to the latest version and testing again.

by
How do I do that?  I am worried about losing all the current settings as although it is slow it is working.  Any advice will be most gratefully received.
by anonymous

Hm, there is a way and its described here. However, I wouldn't recommend this. The firmware is very old (about two years) and the config system has changed a bit since that, so it may cause some problems. I've tested this on my router and it went well, but I suppose success would depend on the situation in this case.

I can try taking a look at your router's Troubleshoot file, maybe find a cause there. You can download the Troubleshoot file from the router's WebUI, System → Administration → Troubleshoot page.

Take note that the Troubleshoot file contains the router's configuration, so if you have any confidential info (like phone numbers) in the configs, I suggest removing them before uploading the Troubleshoot to a public forum.

by
Thank you for your help.  Unfortunately when I go to System there is no link to Administration and Troubleshooting.  I am surprised that updating the firmware is so complicated.  Normally updating software (is firmware and software the same thing?) is a one click job.  My router has dropped connection this afternoon and I noted that it is now connecting to a 3g signal yet my iPhone is always connected to a 4g signal.  My first Teltonika router failed whilst under guarantee now this one is proving to be very unreliable.  I wonder if it would be best to get a new router by a different manufacturer.  Teltonika's support seems to be very poor and my retailer has ceased trading.  Teltonika told me that it was the retailer's responsibility to offer support.  Again thank you for your help.
by anonymous

If you are already considering replacing the router than it wouldn't hurt trying to upgrade the firmware first :). It's not complicated, but in your case you have a two year old firmware, which did not have the "Keep all settings" at the time.

However, as I've mentioned earlier I might be able to tell something by looking at the Troubleshoot. I've installed the same firmware version and I can see that the System → Administration → Troubleshoot page is there:

by
Hi, I have the latest firmware from 2019-06-06

The performance of the 955 is max around 20mbit when my iphone X got 80mbit over LTE.

I have all 4 antennes connected correct and checked everything

Got a feeling TELTONIKA is using some chep LTE chip with very poor performance.