FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
200 views 0 comments
by anonymous
I bought a second-hand RUT240. After factory resetting the device and trying to add it to my RMS account I realized that the previous owner still had it registered in their account as RMS refused to add it to my account.

Based on previous questions asked and answered in this forum, it seems like you guys have to help me.

Side-note; It would be great to have an "RMS re-register" button or similar in the RUT web-ui after which clicked, one would be able to take control of the device and add it to any account.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

You can unregister your device from RMS, by connecting to your device via SSH protocol, e.g. using "Putty" application for Windows:

• SSH login: root
  • SSH password: <your device's password> 

and using the following SSH command:

• uci set rms_connect_mqtt.rms_connect_mqtt.remove_from_system=1 && uci commit && /etc/init.d/rms_connect restart

Make sure your device has internet access and is shown to be connected to RMS in Services -> Cloud solutions -> RMS

Best regards,