FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
187 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello, I'm trying to load a backup configuration file created in a RUT240 purchased in Europe into a RUT240 purchased in the USA, and it seems their backup files are not compatible between each other. Whenever I try to load the backup configuration file I created in the european RUT240 into the american one I get the error: "Invalid Backup: The selected backup file is not compatible with this device, please choose another file". Both routers have the same firmware version (07.02.5) installed even from the same downloaded .bin file. Is this the expected behavior for routers from different regions? If not, could you provide support in trying to solve this issue?  It's really cumbersome to have to remake the whole configuration again just because the routers are from different countries. Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Teltonika Crowd Support.

Please be advised that backup files can only be successfully restored only if taken from an identical device (device with identical product code). Based on your explanation, the USA RUT240 most likely has a product code of RUT240 0AU000 whilst the EU RUT240 most likely has a product code of RUT240 06E000/RUT240 0DE000 hence the reason why you can not restore the back up file from one router to the other.

We recommend remaking the configuration again using the WebUI or copying and pasting the configuration files from first router (/etc/config/) to your computer, then from your computer to your second router (/etc/config/) using applications such as WinSCP, then reboot the device. 

Further details on uploading and downloading files from RutOS could be found in the link below:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Upload_%26_Download_Files_from_RutOS

Warm regards,

Wesley

Best answer