FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
216 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I've got multiple RUT240 modems and multiple simcards. The simcards should be able to connect to two different operators as stated by the provider and double checked on the providers side. Therefore it would be very convenient for us to be able to use the `manual-auto` mode, and select the network we'd like. This does however not seem to work after a lot of testing, and back-and-forth with the provider.

In short, this is one of the ways I've experienced issues:

Case 1:

1. I factory reset the modem, and upload a recent firmware version: RUT_2_R_00.07.02.4

2. By default it starts in "Auto" mode, and connects to Telenor.

3. I enable manual-auto, and perform an operator scan. Sometimes operators show up, such as Ice and Netcom, but not Telia which should be the other available operator.

Case 2:

1. I factory reset the modem, and upload a recent firmware version: RUT_2_R_00.07.02.4

2. By default it starts in "Auto" mode, and sometimes it connects to Telia.

3. I go to manual auto, and perform an operator scan. Telenor shows up, and I can choose to connect to Telenor.

4. The data connection state is "Disconnected", and attempting to go back to Auto results in Telenor still being connected and the connection state being "Disconnected"

I summary:

- Are there issues in the firmware surrounding manual-auto?

- Any tips on using the manual-auto functionality? Could it be that I've misunderstood the user interface?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Thank you for contacting us.

A similar issue has been reported and will be solved with 7.2.7 firmware revision.

However, to check, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thanks for your very quick reply, this kind of responsiveness is rare!

I'm currently a bit busy, but I should be able to provide you with the troubleshoot file some time tomorrow.
by anonymous
Hi, here is a troubleshoot file from reproducing the problem.

(attached to original post)

Thanks for your help in advance!
by anonymous

A new firmware has been released, with improvements regarding manual - auto connection mode. You can download it here and check if that solves your issue. 

by anonymous
The proposed fix appears to work, we successfully use manual-auto to switch operators, thank you for your assistance!