FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
305 views 3 comments
by anonymous

I have here RUT950 from a client. For a while ago, he lost connection to his ip cameras which were connected to a PoE switch and then in LAN2 port in RUT950. I was today checking the situation, and finally ended up replacing RUT950 with new one. This old seems to have LAN1 and LAN2 leds green all the time even there is no cables connected. Also web ui shows that they are connected. However, when connectng cable in LAN1 or LAN2, PC shows no connection in LAN1, and in LAN2 only 10mbps but not gettng IP with dhcp. LAN3 seems to connect with 100mbps but sometimes gets not ip and works not even with static ip.

I have updated the firmware and also reset the factory settings.

To me it seems this is hardware failure? What could cause this?

Firmware version RUT9XX_R_00.06.05.3
Kernel version 3.18.44
Bootloader version 3.0.1

GG12C0 stands in the sticker behind RUT950, this is purchased 2018.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

You can try to reset the device by the bootloader menu uploading the latest legacy firmware, however, as you have mentioned, it is likely a hardware failure. The exact reason is difficult to estimate, it might be age, wear, some misuse, but by now it is probably irrelevant. 

Best regards,

by anonymous
It's a brand new device, and have just tried to reset it, and set it up from scratch.

example, when I pull out SIM1, it does not automatically switch to SIM2, it just starts to blink red/green
by anonymous
was there a resolution to this? I just upgraded to FW RUT9_R_00.07.02.7 and had a device on LAN2 working fine but  suddenly (possibly after power cycle) LAN1 has a phantom connection of 10MB/s Full Duplex and as a result the device cannot connect to the internet via LAN2.
by anonymous