FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
111 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

Im sending some systems to different countries in Africa, most of them have the same mobile internet provider, the coverage in that region is mostly GSM, as I dont have the chance to try the router there beforehand, maybe some of you have already had this experience and can tell me about the compatibility of the 240 with the african GSM?

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

As long as you have a device made for your region, it should work fine. Also, a requirement for the SIM is that it must have a Mini SIM – 2FF -  form factor and operate at 1.8 or 3V. Other than that, African GSM is a rather vague term, however, I assume it operates the same way as in the rest of the world. The issues might stem from the degree of coverage, signal quality, operator, cell tower load, but these are all location specific, thus difficult to estimate without actually trying.

Best regards,