FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
274 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Dear Teltonika Support,

when inserting a "Just-Data"-SIM (e.g. which you could buy for 30 days duration or so) it is working well. This is typical for camper.
But after the lifetime of the card the mobile-connection is still shown "connected" (despite reboot; modem gets an IP) but I cannot ping to internet anymore. 
How could I trigger sim-switch?

I already set/tested several options like "on data connection fail" but without any simswitch; latter one is working well and leads to simswitching when mobile shows "not connected". To overcome the problem I thought the "Failover" section (with ping-checks) could help: But since a simswitch is NOT triggered when interface mob1s1a1/mob1s2a1 goes down it could not help here to switch to next sim.

Is this a design-bug since an add. simswitch-trigger-option like "ping to internet" is missing under Network->Mobile->SimSwitch?

Many thx for all your help,
Best regards, Rainer

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Have you tried the following config?

Best answer
by anonymous
Great, that does the job :-)

Any comment by when this function is extend to test for more than just 8.8.8.8 ?

Great thx again,
BR Rainer
by anonymous
The feature is not limited to just 8.8.8.8, it is just an example. What specifically does your application require?
by anonymous
Good would be to have at least 2 IPs that are tested, and only if both ones fail, the ping-test is failed.

Is there are syntax in this field to get this done?
by anonymous
In this case, only a single host is accepted.