FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
193 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I have some question to choise the right router...

1) What is the different between RUT950 and RUT955
2) I have o2 Germany as Provider. Which router should I use?
3) I see e.g. also there is a RUT955 and a RUT955 Global. What´s here the difference? RUT955 Global costs much more. 

Thanks for your help

by anonymous
Running "official" openwrt (NOT Teltonikas stuff) on RUT955, I am using cheap Tchibo SIM, which in fact is O2.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

1) RUT955 can be considered as an expanded edition of RUT950. It is the same device with some additional features, specifically, GPS capabilities, USB 2.0 port, Micro SD slot, RS232/485 serial communication ports, more inputs/outputs.

2) Both devices are manufactured with the same modem modules, thus, in regards to mobile connectivity, there is no difference between the routers.

3) The difference between device versions primarily is in the modem module. Global version has support of a wide range of frequency bands as well as older radio access technologies: 3G and 2G.

Best regards,