FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
153 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi

We have several X12 and RUT240 deployed that have connections with either Vodafone UK or EE UK.  We are seeing these device locking up and only return to a working state after a power cycle.  Sending SMS commands does nothing not even a status or reboot works.

Our client is getting quite irate with the situation as these are conenctions for live CCTV footage within a council managed CCTV system.

How do i get a resolution to these issues, what is the best way forward.  Our supplier doesnt have a clue when it comes to tech support for Teltonika devices.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you provide more details about the devices?

What are the firmware versions they are using?

Do they have remote access enabled or are they accessed via VPN?

What other configurations are made to the device?

Are there any unusual behaviors, such as increased data usage or slower performance?

Would it be possible to get a troubleshoot file from one of the devices? To generate the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. You can attach it by editing your question.

Files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi

Thank you for the quick response.  Devices are utilising 4G with 1 IP CCTV camera connected.  We then have a OpenVPN tunnel to the head end.  We have some enabled on RMS but not always, i generally send enable RMS SMS command as and when needed.

Only configuration changes are as follows.  Set time/date/region. setup OpenVPN client connection. Set IP addressing.

In terms of unusual behaviour these are sending cctv images 24/7 at a rate of approx 1.7-2.5mbps.

Other things to note, we have replaced a couple of the units previously that were having the same issue, and the replacements dont suffer the same problem.  Out of the 18 installed (240 and x12) we have seen this issue now on 5 devices (on different network providers).

Unable to get diagnostics files until we attend the sites to power cyclec the devices.

Thanks
by anonymous
Hi

We have now attended the site in question and this particular unit is a RUT950. V6.08.1

Diagnostics on attendance were as follows.

Logged in to the unit via LAN.  Modem status SIM1/Slot1 was disconnected and stated no sim inserted. Yet showed a signal strength of -65dB.

1. Changed settings in modem from auto to 2G+4G. saved config which i believes cycles the modem.  Same message as above.

2.  Removed and re inserted SIM card into slot 1 - Changed modem config back to auto and saved.  Same message as above.

3.  Relocated SIM into SIM Slot2 and configured modem to use SIM2.  Same message as above.

Rebooted unit and all came back alive.  From previous use of many of the Teltonika units modem/SIM setting changes automatically apply without a reboot.  I have taken troubleshoot files before/after each step.  I will PM these over to you, if you could take a look and come back to me.

I also have here in my possession now a RUTX11 which suffers from i presume now the same issue, however i havent had chance to take logs we just swapped this unit out for piece of mind.  If i take the logs now on the next power cycle do they store logs in memory from previously?

Thanks

aaron
by anonymous

Hello,

Regarding the RUTX11, I would suggest to update the router's firmware to the latest, preferably with Keep settings option disabled. You can download the firmware from here.

Next, the router has a really old modem firmware version, which I advise to update too. For this you will need an alternative internet source than the mobile. Since the same modem is used in RUTX09, you can find instructions for the procedure in one of the previous threads: 

If a secondary WAN is unavailable, you can check a different way to update in the below link: 

With RUT950, I would also start with the firmware update. However, in this case, you need to update to the latest legacy version first, to be able to update to the current Web Interface design.

Best regards,