FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
100 views 1 comments
by anonymous

For some reason I can't ask my question. I get this error "Maximum length is 12000 characters"

by anonymous

I had to type my question in this comment as I always get this error "Maximum length is 12000 characters"

I'm looking at the wiki about Cellural SMS. And I cant get any response using "cellural" command on the device. Just out of curiosity I checked some other TRB141 devices and it looks like I needed to enable this option beforehand? Even then I don't see it among any available actions (check attachment).

I have a problem that I need to change APN for the device, at it is located in a remote location that I'm unable to have access to. Currently it has internet and network connection, but not the static IP as it was supposed to have.

Are there any other ways I could manage it with SMS to change the APN? Could I configure VPN network remoteley or smth like that?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Cellular command should be enabled by default. Also, it does not send a reply message about its execution, but it should be visible in the device logs with the CLI/SSH command logread.

What is the firmware version your device is running on?

You can also use UCI commands, to configure device settings. For example:

• <routers_passwd> uci set network.mob1s1a1.apn=<your_APN>

You should then receive a message about replaced value. Next, send the following message to write the setting to the router's flash:

• <routers_passwd> uci commit

You can read more about uci command usage here.

Best regards,