FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
153 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Greetings,

I have about 5 RUT955 and 1 RUTX09 which, after a few months, the sim tim Italy inserted inside has started to manifest a strange event. Even if the sim navigates, the status of the modem is not updated highlighting the absence of signal.

In all this I use the router as an SMS Gateway and when the router is in this situation the sms do not start. How can we solve? Thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you explain the screenshot you have provided?

Is the issue that the router does not send SMS anymore, could you explain it in more detail?

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Greetings,

as also described in the screenshot, the modem is always connected to the mobile network but the status screen shows no connection. Specifically, when this problem occurs, the sms do not start with the sms gateway. How can we solve? Thank you
by anonymous
The screenshot shows a USB cable connected to what appears to be a TV.

The file you have provided does not show much either, as the logs simply end after successfully registering to the operator and establishing data connectivity. Didi the issue occur before generating the file?
by anonymous
Greetings,

I'm sorry but in fact I was wrong to attach image. Correct attachment submission. I repeat: the modem is correctly connected and the connected devices navigate correctly but from the gui it is clear, as per the new screenshot, that the whole section of the modem is empty. When this condition is verified, it is impossible to send sms with the sms gateway function.
by anonymous

It is quite clear that the router does not communicate with the modem. 

Did the issue began with some specific firmware version or just randomly?

I would like you to check if you see any modem disconnection indicating events in Status -> Logs -> Events log section in the WebUI?

If you could connect to the router via CLI/SSH end execute command logread, can you see entries similar to:

option1 ttyUSB0: GSM modem (1-port) converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0

option 1-1:1.0: device disconnected

option1 ttyUSB1: GSM modem (1-port) converter now disconnected from ttyUSB1

option 1-1:1.1: device disconnected

option1 ttyUSB2: GSM modem (1-port) converter now disconnected from ttyUSB2

option 1-1:1.2: device disconnected

option1 ttyUSB3: GSM modem (1-port) converter now disconnected from ttyUSB3 

This would indicate module hardware issues, and in this case you could try updating module firmware or simply return the device for warranty repair