FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,215 views 1 comments
by anonymous

My question is for any help with router configuration set up, or for specific information I should request from EUFY to help me set it up.

I have a EUFY Homebase and two cameras connected to an RUT240 router modem. Actually a white-labelled router that is packaged by a company called Glomex.

The way EUFY works is that the Homebase connects via Wifi to the router and it has its own wifi which connects it to the cameras
You access the EUFY cameras via an app on your phone.

The router is connected to a 4G Mobile Network

When my phone is connected to the Router's Wifi the EUFY system works completely. 
I receive notifications, can view recordings stored on the HomeBase and can Liveview the cameras.

Once I am remote, I receive notifications, but cannot access the recordings or live view. I get an error message saying the app cannot connect to the Homebase.

One other piece of evidence that the EUFY system is working OK is that one of the cameras is set to send recordings to EUFY cloud storage. When it sends recordings to cloud storage I can access them. I assume this is because I do not need to access the Homebase to get to the cloud storage. I have a EUFY system at home which works remotely but I did not need to adjust any router setting to make it work.

On the EUFY help site it has the following comments
Home Router Configuration 

• Please make sure your router’s firewall settings are not blocking remote access to eufySecurity devices.
  • Please make sure the router's TCP port 80, 443 and UDP port 0-65535 are open.
  • Please make sure eufySecurity devices are not added to a blacklist or MAC filter on the router.

I am pretty sure the second point is my issue.
I am discussing with EUFY support to try and get more detail on what the port forwarding requirements are but they have not really been able to help me yet.

I have tried to open up the router to allow access from everything but this was not successful

I am not close to the router and cannot physically do anything with it, but I do have access to an interface on the Glomex app which seems to me to be very close to the RUT240 Web UI.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

I am not familiar with the Glomex app, however, in a standard web interface of the RUT240, there should be two already preconfigured rules to open TCP ports 80 and 443, which can be enabled in the Network -> Firewall -> Traffic rules section, called Enable_HTTP_WAN and Enable_HTTPS_WAN.

Regarding, UDP ports, you can open them in the same page by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and adding a new instance of Open ports on router type. It should look like this: 

This will open a new configuration window with additional options, however, leave everything else as it is.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Thanks. I have done this now but it does not work yet via the Eufy App. Is there a way I can confirm from the Router perspective that I have successfully opened the ports? Also do I need to restart the router for the changes to take effect?

The Traffic Rules that I have enabled are

Name                                Protocol       Source                            Destination                                               Action       Enable

Enable_HTTP_WAN         TDP,UDP       From any host in wan     To any router IP at port 80 on this device   Accept Input     Tick

Enable_HTTPS_WAN      TDP,UDP       From any host in wan     To any router IP at port 443 on this device  Accept Input     Tick 

Enable_UDP_for_Eufy     UDP               From any host in wan     To any router IP at ports 0-65535                Accept Input     Tick
                                                                                                        on this device

The first two I did not touch and the last I added

Thanks, Brett