FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
265 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hi, I've got an RUTX09 and TRB140 both connected to sites which use the same controller that hosts webpages and neither can get past the login page when using the remote HTTP(S) function. All works correctly when I connect via VPN and access the webpage of the controllers. I've also updated the firmware of the TRB140 to the latest version and still has the same issue.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you check if the devices are directly assigned with public IP addresses and are not under CG - NAT?

Best regards,
by anonymous
The SIM IP is different to that when I connect via VPN and use whatsmyip so presumably means it is under CG - NAT. However, wouldn't that be the case for all non fixed IP sim cards?
by anonymous
Also, ignore the screenshot as I don't have the same errors on the other device.
by anonymous
Could you provide more details about network, a topology image?
by anonymous
It is simply RMS remote HTTP(S) to TRB140 gateway directly plugged into a controller. One possible issue is the controller is rejecting any connections from RMS due to a connection from a non trusted source. Would it be possible to be issued with the relevant teltonika SSL certificate?
by anonymous

In some instances, the web interfaces of devices behind Teltonika gateways and routers might be rejecting connections or not providing full features of their interfaces, as from the controller's side, the connection is made from a proxy. I would suggest to try creating a VPN HUB as this way you should have no issues. The following link provides introduction to and instructions on how to set up a HUB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfAudZR2wPY 

by anonymous
I can already do that, which is fine for me as an engineer, but the webpage access is for clients. I've taken a log from the controller which is logging the web server actions. It appears to be failing the handshake, but I'm a novice and have no clue what I'm looking at. I'll attach the file to the question.