FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,844 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hello,  

I have bricked my RUT500 when I was flashing it with the last firmware "RUT5XX_R_01.00.875_WEBUI.bin" and the power went off..

After trying every thing and a lot of googling, I got into recovery mode and the router is looking for a file named: "justinas_uImage_small" to be uploaded through tftp..

The problem is that I am not sure if that file is the firmware of another file.. can you help me?

Lucy

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hi,

What is the code (Rut500 xxxxxx, for example: RUT500 E80000) of the router?

Best answer
by
Hi,

It's RUT500 B30010
by anonymous
by anonymous

It didn't work.. The router is not detected by windows even when I hold the reset key and plug the power cable, I had to use wireshark to see that when I use this recovery method, the router is looking for address 192.168.55.8 and when I change my ip address that way, it starts asking for a file with this name: "justinas_uImage_small" to be uploaded through FTP..  

wireshark

I was going to rename the firmware file with that name and upload it but I just want to be sure that it's the right file because I don't want to mess with the uboot partition.. 

by anonymous
If router do not accept firmware.bin then you could try to rename it.
by anonymous
It worked! Thank you for your help.
by anonymous

I am in the same situation, though the IP address is a bit different (192.168.55.12 instead of 192.168.1.1 as the procedure says), and the requested file is "rut5xx_testing" unlike MbLucy. Should I also rename the fwupdade.bin file to "rut5xx_testing"?