FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
543 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi There,

I am trying to setup a RUT950 with the latest firmware version to connect to the Optus Broadband network. I have tried a number of combinations for the APN; Auto, LTEBROARDBAND, and YESINTERNET and none are working.

When check the connection log it seems to connect to the Optus and communicating with the Optus network but no internet.

I have attached the latest troubleshooting file. If you can help me troubleshoot this, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

From the logs, the router successfully connects to the operator, obtains an IP and establishes data connection.

The issue seems to be that the router does not update its time as it is still in 2021. In this case, try to sync with the browser by logging to the Web Interface and going to Services -> NTP.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Thanks

I have made the change you suggested and added rebooted the modem. I can now browse the pages of optus.com.au but cannot get past this domain to google for example.

I have attached another troubleshooting file to my thread which is troubleshoot-Teltonika-RUT950.com-2022-09-23.tar

Appreciate all your help  :-)

by anonymous

Does the same apply for yesinternet and connect APNs? Could you try AutoAPN option?

by anonymous
Apologies for the delay. I have tried changing the APN to a few different types with no success. As previously, when I try to browse it goes to an optus site with error of invalid sim.
by anonymous

It seems that the device has no issues to establish data connectivity with the network.

One weird thing I have noticed in your troubleshoot files is the MTU value set on mobile interface - 1900, where it typically should be 1500 or below. Check if changing it allows internet access. To modify the setting, access router's WebUI, navigate to Network -> Interfaces section. Edit MOB1S1A1 interface settings, switch to Advanced settings tab, set Override MTU to 1500. You can also try a value of 1420

If that does not help, I would otherwise suggest to check if the SIM is not bound to a single device, if it was inserted elsewhere before, or simply check if other devices, smartphones have internet access with the same SIM.

Could you contact your service provider, to enquire if they are not blocking traffic from the device due to a possibility of unregistered/unrecognized IMEI of the router's modem module?