FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
353 views 3 comments
by anonymous
I have an RUT950 system trying to use a WIND Italy SIM Card.
I can get the SIM card to work fine in a pocket wifi device but on my Teltonika router is will not connect to data services.

It will connect to the network, I can send and receive USSD messages.
I just do not have a data connection.

I have tried Auto and manual for the APN settings

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you try to restart the modem in Status -> Network -> Mobile?

Are the signal levels good in your area?

Check if the other SIM slot results in the same disconnected state.

Could it be that the SIM card is bound to a single device?

Do you have a data plan, have you not exceeded the limit?

Next, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators.

Also, could you try to copy APN settings your phone obtains to the router?

Best regards,

by anonymous

I am running, due to the constant issues, another plug in router (WebCube) also from WIND.

I have swapped over the SIM cards between the two devices, and it always works in the WebCube - neither connects with data in the Teltonika unit, though both obtain a signal and I can send USSD codes.

Could you try to restart the modem in Status -> Network -> Mobile? - This has been done without success, also a full system soft reboot and a hard reboot with power on and off

Are the signal levels good in your area?  Yes we were in a port and the WebCube was perfect

Check if the other SIM slot results in the same disconnected state. - both SIM1 and SIM2 slots give the same result

Could it be that the SIM card is bound to a single device? - no I have swapped them over and they work

Do you have a data plan, have you not exceeded the limit?  I have a data plan on both and none are over the limit

Next, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. - File attachedhttps://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=5547352047257972594

Any help appreciated

by anonymous

I am running, due to the constant issues, another plug in router (WebCube) also from WIND.

I have swapped over the SIM cards between the two devices, and it always works in the WebCube - neither connects with data in the Teltonika unit, though both obtain a signal and I can send USSD codes.

Could you try to restart the modem in Status -> Network -> Mobile? - This has been done without success, also a full system soft reboot and a hard reboot with power on and off

Are the signal levels good in your area?  Yes we were in a port and the WebCube was perfect

Check if the other SIM slot results in the same disconnected state. - both SIM1 and SIM2 slots give the same result

Could it be that the SIM card is bound to a single device? - no I have swapped them over and they work

Do you have a data plan, have you not exceeded the limit?  I have a data plan on both and none are over the limit

Next, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. - File attachedhttps://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=5547352047257972594

Any help appreciated

by anonymous

I would like you to update your device's modem firmware. Before attempting the update, you need to connect your router a different WAN source, either wired or wireless. Below are the instructions:

• Access your device via SSH and execute the following commands:
    • opkg update
    • opkg install modem_updater
    • opkg install sshfs
    • modem_updater -g
  • The last command will list available firmware versions. Next, modify the following command:
    • modem_updater -i <ID> -v <VERSION>
      • <ID> - should be 1-1, however, in case of an error you should be shown a correct ID.
      • <VERSION> - enter the latest firmware version from the list of the previously executed command, it should be SLM750_4.0.17.

After update, try to set manual APN and disable operator whitelist.

If the issue persists, generate a new troubleshoot file.

Best regards,

Žygimantas