FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
164 views 1 comments
by anonymous
While i believe this is resolved, i'm still writing this for other users, maybe it could help someone.

A while ago i upgraded my RUT240's fw to the newest 00.07.02.xx and it was ok. After some time it started making problems, like crashing itself with all 5 signal leds blinking. First it was intermittent, later it became permanent - after connecting power those signal leds would start blinking and no webui access, no matter what i did. Thought it was dead or something.

So i decided to try to downgrade the firmware and had to use the scp/ssh trick since webui was not accessible while it was in that state.

First it was 01.14.5 - the router was working again but the 5 signal leds did't show any signal strength (sim inserted, connection working). And there was also nothing on the overview page and mobile setting page. Also wifi was missing in wan setting page, there were just one mobile and two wired (ipv6 and ipv4) connections

Then i went for 01.14.4 - router working but signal leds still dark, overview page not showing anything, wan page still showing one mobile and two wired connections. Mobile setting page this time around showed a single option to select either auto or manual frequency band. other settings like APN still missing.

Then i went for 01.14.3 - router working and signal leds finally showing signal strength, mobile setting page showing all options normally. Overview page was now populated with various tabs (system ,mobile, wireless, events ..) but they were still empty (not showing any values). Rest of the webui was ok.

I dediced to leave it at this since i can now control the router properly and its stable. Just wanted to share. It is still my favorite router for industrial use but now i'll think twice before upgrading its fw lol :)
by anonymous
I share your pain my friend. I no longer have any idea what state 3 of my RUT240s are in. I assume this has to do with the Quectel firmware updates which don't appear to have succeeded. Everything else has been updated / reset a number of times and the '5 signal LEDs flashing' occurs in multiple firmware versions.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your input.

For a more detailed insight of your issues it would be helpful if you provided a troubleshoot file, downloadable from the router after the issue has occurred and, if possible, some associated screenshots.

Best regards,.