FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
234 views 0 comments
by anonymous

I hope this is a straightforward question:

Customers often want to know how reliable their primary (WAN) connection is as it connects via RUT. Since we have configured failover, they don't always notice if WAN goes down for a few minutes, hours etc.

If we don't monitor WAN IP using a 3rd party service (or maybe it is Dynamic/DHCP) then is there a way to view a log of the last X days/weeks/months downtime events when primary WAN interface became unstable or offline?

Thank you for any guidance.

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Yes, the question is clear.

The failover events can be seen in Status -> Logs -> Events log and then in the search bar you can write failover and then all the failover events will be shown.

There is no filter to say view the disconnections and connection times during the last month or week, but this will seen in the dates.

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

You could use Event  Reporting to help the customer detect the failover change via SMS or Email messages.

Also, you could use logread | grep backup from the CLI to see the logs.

Regards

0 votes
by anonymous

Thank you @PauliusRug and @bader.khalouf for your answers. But neither of these gives the needed information. For example, `logread | grep backup` returns nothing on my test unit. Searching via the GUI in Status > Logs shows a bunch of failover events like "Switched to backup WAN (mob1s1a1)" but no corresponding "Switched back to primary WAN (eth1)" event. So again, no way to tell how long the connection was down for.

I hope this can be improved somehow in the future. A clear log or even better a green/red barchart of the last 1/7/31 days of up/down status for the WAN interfaces would be very useful.