FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
204 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I just noticed this starting yesterday.

I have the router connected to a 5g wifi access point in client mode and I have been connecting to the router through its 5g access point.

Now, anytime the router is connected to the 5g access point in client mode, it stops broadcasting the 5g signal locally. I can still connect to the 2.5 signal but don’t even see the 5g one.

If I disconnect from the remote 5g access point, the local 5g signal shows back up.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you replicate your scenario and attach a troubleshoot file to your question? Access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

From your description several issues can be assumed: faulty hardware, drivers, incompatibility between client's and access point's interface settings, some environmental factors. The logs might reveal more details.

Can you describe, how far the connected devices are, are there any obstacles in between? Does the same issue apply to the 2.4 GHz interface? Could you check wireless interface settings if Hide ESSID option is not enabled?

Best regards,

by anonymous
I’ve attached the file to the original comment.

it’s a brand new unit so I hope it isn’t faulty hardware!

It exhibits the fault even when the AP is right next to the router. I’ve tried it with multiple routers.

2.4 GHz AP’s don’t show this issue.

Hide ESSID is not selected.
by anonymous
I have checked with the RnD and what you are experiencing is a known issue. The solution is being developed, however, it is not available at the moment. I will update if there is a test firmware, if the feature is mandatory, but, in general, the solution should be included with the 7.3 firmware release, which has no set release date yet.

In the meantime, would it be possible to use 2.4GHz frequency?

Best regards,