FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
137 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have the issue with my mobile ISP has sometimes a low speed or delay in their connection. It happens many times a day. This low speed could be less than 500 kbits/s and therefore I loose the connection to my zoom or MS team meetings. Than I have to rejoin again the call. This is very uncomfortable.

In case I buy the RUTX09 and insert 2 different SIMs from 2 different providers, is it possible to avoid the mentioned issue due to the failover functionality of this router?

How does the failover work? Does it detect defined low speeds and switch over to the secondary SIM network?

A DSL connection via WAN is not possible.

thanks for your support.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

To answer your question briefly, unfortunately, your intended application will not work. RUTX09 has a single mobile modem, meaning that two SIM cards will not operate simultaneously and that the switching will still result in disconnect, as first, data disconnect has to be detected, next connection to a different ISP has to be established.

In your case, an external antenna, different frequency bands or radio access modes could be experimented with to try and achieve better connection quality.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Thank you very much for your answer.