FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
449 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Dear Sirs,

I would like use Teltonika 4G/LTE modem router in order to manage remotely all my customer facilities.

In order to avoid useless internet traffic I can disable SIM connection by web portal and activate it again only when I have to connect to the devices.

I would like to know if your modem always can re-connect in auto mode or shall I restart manually the modem router to establish connection again.  

Thanks for your help.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

No reboot is needed after both disabling or enabling the Mobile interface as well as other interfaces.

The router will disconnect and connect automatically with the disabling and enabling of interfaces.

NOTE: Reestablishing connection might take up to a minute

by anonymous
First of all I thank you very much for your response.

Please be informed that I am testing IoT SIM on a RUT240.

After re-enable the SIM from cloud, It seems that router does not update LTE connection. I have ti reboot router to start the connection again.

Any instruction Is suggested?

Thanks.
by anonymous

It would be great if you could replicate the issue, then access the router's WebUI, go to SYSTEM > ADMINISTRATION > TROUBLESHOOT section, download troubleshoot file from there and send it to me via PM or attach it to the comment. File attached are only seen to Teltonika engineers

Logs in this file will help to answer what causes this issue.

by anonymous

Thank you very much. Please find below link to download file you request. 

https://we.tl/t-25AUytFaY0

In the meantime I could use this procedure. What do you think?

Services - Autoreboot - ping 8.8.8.8 every 1 minutes. Interval count 2. In case of failure system restart modem.

I see that in this way modem restart but I would like to avoid to load too the CPU. What do you think? 

Consider that SIM could be disable for months and enable only when it is necessary.

Thanks.

by anonymous
Hi PauliusRug,

have you any response please?

Thanks.

BR