FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
3,140 views 16 comments
by

Hi 

I have the intention of using RUT955 as a NTRIP client in a Virtual Reference System (VRS) called CPOS, see details in link below. My system is installed on a moving vessel. 

For this to work, RUT955 needs to send its current position to the CPOS system as NMEA GGA every 10 seconds. I would like to use the position from the GPS antenna connected to RUT955 as the GGA source. 

When my high-grade GNSS receiver is connected to RUT955 via RS-232, i can see the RTCM corrections arriving from CPOS. So this part works partly OK. I also get GGA messages every second on /dev/gps (if i disable rs232/ntrip first), so this part works OK also.

However:

1) Forwarding GGA messages from /dev/gps does not work, even though "Use device GPS" is enabled in webui. The only way i found to send a correct GGA to CPOS was to manually edit /etc/config/rs with a valid GGA sentence containing my current position, like so:

option ntrip_nmea '$GPGGA,123519,5925.150,N,02443.300,E,1,08,0.9,0.0,M,0.0,M,,*73'

2) Since RUT955 apparently send its GGA position to CPOS only one time, my GNSS receiver does not receive the stream of corrections every second like i am supposed to.

My problems seems to be unsolvable in the current FW version RUT9XX_R_00.06.00.

Can you please help? It seems like other RUT955 users have the same problem as me. Is there a fix planned for an upcoming firmware release, hopefully soon?

https://translate.google.no/translate?sl=no&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kartverket.no%2FPosisjonstjenester%2FCPOS%2FCPOS-brukerveiledning%2F

Regards, 

Helge

3 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi,

Networked Transport of RTCM via Internet Protocol (Ntrip) is a protocol for streaming differential GPS (DGPS) data over the Internet in accordance with specification published by RTCM.  NMEA string value is sent for one time when initiating the connection to the NTRIP server.
by

Hello, 

Thank you for your answer. 

It is true that the NMEA string can be sent only one time, during initialization. For a smaller geographical area (less than, say, 1km2) this will work fine. However, it is also common for some VRS systems to require GGA sentences sent at regular intervals (10 seconds in the case of CPOS). For a car, boat, etc. traveling over greater distances this is necessary. 

This functionality exists in other ntrip clients, please see examples below. Am I missing something here? If not, I would like to know if this is a feature that will be supported on RUT955 as well.

http://lefebure.com/software/ntripclient/

http://lefebure.com/software/ntripclient/ntripclient04.gif

See section 2.10.8 and 2.10.11:

https://software.rtcm-ntrip.org/export/HEAD/ntrip/branches/BNC_2.12/src/bnchelp.html#serauto

Regards,

Helge

by anonymous

Hi,

require GGA sentences sent at regular intervals (10 seconds in the case of CPOS).

Unfortunately such feature is not developed in router.

by

Good morning

require GGA sentences sent at regular intervals (10 seconds in the case of CPOS).

Can consider implementing it though? Sadly this is a showstopper for me, so I will have to discard four RUT955 boxes and buy new routers.

Regards,

Helge

by anonymous

Can consider implementing it though?

Unfortunately not planned such feature in near future.

by
Hi.
I have same problem, NTRIP caster disconnects me every 60 sec due to missing heartbeat signal.
NTRIP client useless untill issue resolved.

Regards,

Ola
by
I would also like to see this feature implemented. Could we request to have it added to a future release?
by anonymous
Hello,

Same problem over here! all VRS providers needs a GGA every 10 seconds! Now I have an gps receiver connected which send a gga out over the serial port, is it possible to send this string over the serial port to the vrs provider? I've tested this many times and mostly always the message is get stuck in the RUT955. We can see the RUT955 is receiving our string but on the VRS site they don't get our message. We tried to put the echo on/off internal gps on/off and with or without a gga string in the webpage but nothing works good!

Regards PS
by
Hi guys,

was this problem with GGA sending from GNSS receiver to NTRIP caster already solved?

I am intending to use RUT955 as a NTRIP client and need to use VRS too.

Thanks!

MP
by anonymous
Is this problem the issue I am having?

using RUT955 NTRIP client for tractor RTK corrections.  A GGA string generated at the start location works but if i mve a few hundred meters away the string wont work.  Also attached a gps antenna to modem but sometimes on start or power loss wont reconnect and a reboot required.

Thanks
0 votes
by anonymous

No, unfortunately not I am now in contact with the Teltonika support department but they have not yet come up with a good solution.

by
Just to be sure we want develop the same thing...

Do you plan to sending NMEA sentences (GGA) from your GNSS receiver via TXD pin (pin nr. 3) in RUT955's RS232 port to your NTRIP caster?

Thanks!

MP
by anonymous
Hello,

Has the problem been resolved? I have the same situation, I bought rut955 without reading about it carefully because it was obvious to me that the NTRIP client would work this way, unfortunately I was disappointed ....
by anonymous
No,Ii've bin in contact with Teltonika for a year but the tell me they don't have the problem or they cannot simulate it. I've also showed them the problems in a network session but the dont want to see the problem because they responed with answers which doesn;t match our problems so i think they don't really know what we do with this nrtip solution. I stopped using the teltonika's!
by anonymous
Thank you for your answear. I've send you a PM.
0 votes
by anonymous
Yes, that's exactly the solution I want to have. We don't use the internal gps of the modem but we want to use the gga message out of the Gnss which is connected by the serial port.
by
Hi,

Is there any improvement about this? We also want to buy and use RUT955 as NTRIP client. If we can't send this GGA message, then RUT955 will be useless and we won't buy it.
by

Are there any changes now?

by anonymous
Hello,

I am using the RUT955 for the same purpose. and cannot get it working

Do you have start configuration?