FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
176 views 0 comments
by anonymous
My RTX14 (Latest F.W. RUTX_R_00.07.02.8) creates it own insecure 2.5GHz WiFi Access Point unprompted by me.

I have two Access Points configured with the same name (2.5GHz and 5GHz) connected to my home WiFi network, with failover to a single 4G SIM. All is working well, but occasionally, unprompted by me the router creates a new Access Point on the 2.5GHz band called RTX14, the problem with this is that the Access Point has no wireless security, potentially allowing unwelcome access to my network.

I have disabled and deleted this Access Point several times, but it reappears, next time I will edit it to add security, but I would prefer if this was not created at all. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Have you noticed if there are certain circumstances, when the interface is created, or is it random?

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, when the unprotected wireless interface appears, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,