FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
247 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Going from RUT240 to RUT360, they finally marked the LTE antennas as MAIN and AUX,

however now there are two WiFi antennas with no description instead.

Which one is the main or primary WiFi antenna?

The use case is a housing installation where nobody cares about speed or MiMo and additional external antennas, cables and holes are unnecessary. I couldn't find any description of what typs of MiMo is being used, however I would prefer to have the antenna that is sending all of the beacons and admin frames, and not the other one.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Due to technological differences, the WiFi does not have Main or Aux antennas. Mobile connectivity uses Aux antenna for different purposes, depending on the technology used. More information about mobile antennas could be found here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Mobile_Main_and_AUX_Antennas

Regarding your question, there is no difference in which antenna you are using with WiFi, since the antenna‘s purpose is to extend coverage. By using only one antenna you would lose some coverage, but the functionality would stay the same. To get the best performance I would firmly recommend attaching both WiFi antennas if you have the possibility to do so.

Best regards,

Justas C.

by anonymous
Thanks,

I ran iperf off each antenna and both antennas. I can confirm it doesn't matter which antenna is used. Both Antennas achieved a slightly higher data rate than a single antenna. The max WiFi rate was 144Mbps in all cases so no 2x2MIMO (probably due to the WiFi card in my PC)
0 votes
by anonymous
Goodmorning,

I need a radio link using single chain 19dB 2.4GHz antenna. I have only one cable available due RUT955 will be blaced into a mine, then antenna would be placed outdoor.
So you may confirm I can connect only one wifi antenna to RUT955?
Thanks.