FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
868 views 9 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I try to connect to a RS232 PLC via the wifi of the RUT955
here you can see the settings of the three involved "aplications":

If I connect the laptop directly to the PLC its working.
I can see serial bytes "recived" in the virtual com port but nothing going trough the RUT I guess.

So the question is:

"where is my mistake"

Kind regards
Tobi

by anonymous
I am also having the exact same issue, I've also upgraded to 7.02.7 and been able to pass RS232 data from serial to TCP client by using Serial to USB adapter, however have no success with built in RS232 port on the RUT955.

If I SSH into the RUT955 and cat out /dev/rs232 I see nothing (when also set to console), if I cat out (/dev/rs232_usb####id) I see the data packets coming through. Is this a software or hardware fault with the RUT955? as the system is brand new out of the box.
by anonymous

Did you try to perform a factory reset after the firmware update? 

(read below post from 06.10.2022 08:00)

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you upload screenshots rather than paste it into text field? The quality is very poor.

Best regards,
by anonymous

oh sorry - here you go:

uploaded screenshot

by anonymous

Hello,

Do I understand your setup correctly?

PLC -> RS232 RUT955 -> WiFI -> Laptop

Could you try to set RUT as a client?

Also, why not use a different port outside of well known ports range above 1024?

Which firmware version are you using?

To simulate, I've had the following:

Terra Term serial port simulator->  USB to RS232 port of RUT955 -> Wifi -> Laptop (IP 192.168.10.248) with Hercules TCP server running listening on port 25.

Communication was established successfully:

Config results

by anonymous

Hi,

firmware version is RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.3 

Yes thst's my setup - the only thing to notice is that on the laptop we have an virtual com port 
PLC -> RS232 RUT955 -> WiFi -> Laptop (Virtual RS232)

I tried to duplicate your simulation so I installed Terra Term and Hercules  

first runing a TCP Server on the Laptop and the RUT as a client
RUT client - TCP Server on Laptop -> nothing I dont see the client logging into the listening server

second I tried Hercules Serial > eVCOM virtual com port > USB to RS232 port of RUT955 > TerraTerm

RUT server - Hercules Serial -> also nothing / I only see incomming packets in the eVCOM virtual com port

UPDATE 30.09.2022

I updated the Firmeware to “RUT9_R_00.07.02.7” this brought me one step further but still no solution.

Now I can send 1 out of 3:
Hercules Serial -> Laptop (Virtual RS232) -> WiFi -> RS232 RUT955 -> USB to RS232 port of RUT955 -> Hercules Serial

Why only every third message going through?
And why not the other way around?

uploaded screenshot

I now have an Socket Error 10053 on the eVCOM but I guess this is only because I send non valid messages. But as long as the RS232 of the RUT955 is not able to send something back my plc connection will never work……

Kind Regards Tobi

by anonymous

Try the following setup:

Hercules Serial -> Laptop (Virtual RS232) -> WiFi -> RUT955 -> USB to RS232 port of RUT955 -> Hercules TCP Server.

https://ibb.co/ChGjwss

by anonymous

OK - at least I can reproduce your setup:
“Hercules TCP Server -> Laptop (Virtual RS232) -> WiFi -> RUT955 in “Client mode” -> USB to RS232 port of RUT955 -> Hercules Serial”
Works
in both directions with your settings and the FW: 
RUT9_R_00.07.02.7

Now I end up on a TCP Server on my laptop – we don’t use the Virtual RS232 at all in your setup!
My programming environment unfortunately wants to talk to a COM port as well as the plc. That’s the reason why I always try to get the RUT running in server mode….   

by anonymous

I have created a virtual serial port, though using different software and created a similar setup with RUT acting as RS232 server, but did not experience issues: https://ibb.co/ZJ4yr5r.

Could you try a couple of options separately and in combination: to enable Always reconnect option in RS232 settings and set a 300s timeout.

by anonymous

Hi,

so it works with these settings:  https://ibb.co/b53TmQm (provided by ZygimantasBliu)

But the trick in my case wasn't the settings:
After the FW Update I had to perform a factory reset and set it up all from scratch.    

The Same settings works for the PLC (IFM CR0403 R360/BasicController 12/12) as well!  

Thanks for your effort ZygimantasBliu – you brought me through this and kept me from giving up!!!