FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
237 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I'm using TRB140 for remote client connection using RMS. It is equipped with a mobile SIM which has private IP (not public).

On its LAN port I connected (using a small switch) some devices (ETHERNET/SERIAL Converters) and a plant supervisor which can be accessed using a HTTPS connection.

I created and configured an RMS VPN Hub (adding related clients and routes) for being able to access to the peripherals from remote using their IP addresses. I generated the client OVPN file and I can successfully establish the VPN connection, but when browsing the IP address of the plant supervisor I'm not able to get access to it. Neither the connection to Ethernet/serial converters works.

If I use RMS Connect (Remote HTTPS) for accessing the Plant supervisor, I'm able to access it regularly.

Can you please try to support me to solve the problem?

Thank  you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

What firmware version is your TRB device running?

Have you enabled LAN forwarding in VPN HUB configuration Routes section?

Did the HUB work before, or is it a newly created hub and it does not work?

Could you try to update certificates and configuration in clients section and restart the HUB?

Do your devices have a section, where there has to be a gateway address entered? Do they have TRB140 LAN IP set as gateway?

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hi Žygimantas, 

thank you for your reply. I made some further tests.

I removed the existing hub (even if LAN forwarding and routes were already ok) and created a new one. The firmware is the latest available (TRB1_R_00.07.02.7)

I verified that the ETHERNET/SERIAL converters connected to the TRB140 have a gateway section in their configuration parameters.

I set the IP address of the TRB140 in these devices and this fixed the problem.

After that I made some tests with the plant supervisor (which can be accessed using HTTPS). 

It is equipped with two ethernet connections: LAN1 and LAN2. 

LAN1 is already in use and regularly working for both local and remote access.

I wanted to add a "parallel remote access" to it using the TRB140 and connecting it to LAN2 port. 

In the configuration panel of the plant supervisor there is the possibility of setting one gateway only. Assigning the gateway to LAN2, the connection works, leaving the original gateway configuration to LAN1 I'm not able to access it using TRB140 VPN hub connection.

Anyway, I'm able to access it using RMS Connect (HTTPS). Does it make sense for you? 

Is there anything I can do for enabling the connections from VPN without the need of using RMS Remote connection? 

Thanks in advance for your support.