FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
375 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello. My name is Bogdan Popescu. I have several GPS trackers for the car fleet, the problem I have is that they communicate with my current server through the NMEA protocol and it is necessary for my 4g router to allow the transmission of data, in the NMEA protocol, to the router server .do teltonika allow this, possibly by installing a software supplement? I currently own a 4g RUT240 router. The transmission problem in this protocol is the communication of the ID from the gps tracker to the server. Thank you very much!
by anonymous
Hello! At this moment, the trackers work on the native application, when setting them up, the server IP and the port are required. At the company level, a server was created for the gpsTRACCAR monitoring application, which requires a fixed IP. The 4G router, from another manufacturer, was configured with fixed APN and IP, in bridge mode. The problem for the GPS on the cars, only those that communicate with the servers via the NMEA protocol, is that the router, configured in this way, does not retransmits the received data to the Traccar server. The manager of the opensourceTraccar application informs us that not all routers retransmit or allow the transmission of data, in the NMEA protocol, from the GPS tracker to the server or do not retransmit the device ID, the only one necessary to register the tracker on server. Other opensource applications, for the NMEA protocol, allow the installation of a supplement and the protocol is received. Thank you!

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Teltonika Crowd Support.

It is important to note that Teltonika RUT240 does not support GPS functionality hence you will not be able to access features such as "NMEA Forwarding" on the RUT240 router's WebUI. With Teltonika devices that support GPS functionality, for example RUT955, you could get an option of "NMEA Forwarding" and further details could be found below:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_GPS#NMEA

May you please share diagrams so that I could better understand your setup and what you are trying to achieve. This could include how your GPS trackers are connecting to the RUT240 router.

Warm regards

Wesley

Best answer
by anonymous
Hello! At this moment, the trackers work on the native application, when setting them up, the server IP and the port are required. At the company level, a server was created for the gpsTRACCAR monitoring application, which requires a fixed IP. The 4G router, from another manufacturer, was configured with fixed APN and IP, in bridge mode. The problem for the GPS on the cars, only those that communicate with the servers via the NMEA protocol, is that the router, configured in this way, does not retransmits the received data to the Traccar server. The manager of the opensourceTraccar application informs us that not all routers retransmit or allow the transmission of data, in the NMEA protocol, from the GPS tracker to the server or do not retransmit the device ID, the only one necessary to register the tracker on server. Other opensource applications, for the NMEA protocol, allow the installation of a supplement and the protocol is received. Thank you!