FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
840 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Ich habe den RUT240 in Betrieb genommen, die SIM-Karte ist aktiviert und dennoch erhalte ich keine Verbindung. Ich habe zwei Fehlermeldungen und weiss nicht wie ich weiter vorgehen soll. Der RUT240 ist über LAN-Kabel und/oder WiFi mit meinem MACBook verbunden. Ich habe Zugriff auf das WebGui, die SIM-Karte erscheint beim Provider als aktiviert. Was fehlt?

Danke für jede Hilfe, ich benötige total 8 Geräte, habe jetzt aber nur ein Gerät bestellt um zu testen.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Please update your firmware version. First update to 01.14.6, then to the current RutOS.

If the mobile connectivity does not establish, try setting a custom APN value according to your service provider in Network -> Interfaces section by editing mobile interface settings.

If the RMS fails to resolve hostname, check if the router has proper time, synchronize, if necessary in Services -> NTP.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thank you for your answer. How can I update, if no internet connection? My Internet-Router has the same IP Address like the RUT240 - to get access to the RUT240 I have to disconnect everything else...?
by anonymous

Do you mean your Internet-Router has the same LAN IP Address like the RUT240? In this case you could change the IP of RUT in Network -> Interfaces -> LAN section or disconnect from the internet-router not to cause IP conflict.

You can download the firmware files on a separate device and and install them by uploading to the RUT locally. The firmware has hyperlinks to download pages in my previous comment.

by anonymous

Herzlichen Dank für die wertvolle Hilfe. Ich konnte das Gerät auf die neue Firmware updaten und auch die IP-Adresse anpassen. Ich habe Zugriff über das RUT-WiFi zum Gerät, dafür aber immer noch kein Internet und auch keine funktionierende SIM-Karte. Ich habe den Wizzard gestartet und dort Fehlermeldungen entdeckt. Die SIM-Karte habe ich aktiviert, aber sie wird vermutlich nicht erkannt? Braucht es hier zusätzliche Einstellungen? Ich bin in einem 3-4-5G Gebiet mit sehr guter Verbindungsqualität.

by anonymous

State Searching indicates that the router is not even able to register to the operator. 

Could you try the SIM card with another device, for example, smartphone, to check if it has data connectivity?

If it does, reinsert the card to the router, wait for a few minutes, then generate a troubleshoot file. To do so, please access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. Attach the file by editing your question. The logs may provide more details to the issue.

by anonymous

I changed the SIM card and added a new one from the biggest mobile provider in Switzerland. It seems that the SIM card is connected now (see image). But still I got no internet access over LAN cable. Until now I have connection to the router only over WiFi, but not over LAN. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

by anonymous
Hello,

There might be issues with the failed LAN port hardware.

Would it be possible, as requested in a previous comment, to get a troubleshoot file?
by anonymous
IT's WORKING! I just waited some days and startet new. Now everything is working. Many thanks for your kind support! I really appreciated it.