FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
872 views 0 comments
by anonymous

While configuring a Wireguard VPN between TRB140 and some other Teltonika devices I made a mistake in the WG configuration. The change prevented accessing the webgui of the TRB140. I have factory reset the TRB140. 

Factory reset seems to work, since it reset most swttings but the webgui is still inaccessible. Any suggestion of how to access the webgui, rms (have not tried since I have no credits)? After the reset, the the TRB140 works, it has reverted to the default IP, the DHCP works and it provides access for connects devices to the internet.

Could it be possible that for whatever reason that the factory reset has no effect on the Wireguard configuration, e.g. becuase Wireguard support was added to the TRB140 through recent firmware upgrade. 

Teltonika, please correct the wiki on how to factory reset a TRB14x, the information is wrong, to a very large share. First, there is not red led. The red led is on some other Teltonika devices, but not on the TRB140. Second, the TRB140 gives a sequence specific to reboot and a sequence specific to factory reset with the “mobile signal strength indication LEDs”.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for the observations. Your provided points are indeed wrong and will be looked into.

As for the device reset, apparently, for factory reset, the default value of holding the physical Reset button is actually 12 seconds. This is how it is set in the WebUI in System -> Administration -> General section: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/TRB140_Administration#General. Holding the button for up to 5 seconds gives only a simple device reboot. Factory reset should revert any user made configuration changes, including Wireguard.

Best regards,